How's your English?
Check your answers to our quiz with the key below ...
- - “Miss” is similar to “Fraulein”. Correct to use “Ms” or “Mrs” if you know the woman is married.
- - The first letter in any word of any email or letter should always be a capital. This should be “I”
- - The tense is wrong; write “ I am sending you...”.
- - This is not very polite; better would be “Can you please tell me...”.
- - The correct preposition is “by” as we want to know “no later than” Friday.
- - “Chef” is a man in a kitchen. You mean to say “boss” or “manager”
- - The tense is wrong. We either use the present perfect and delete “last week” or use the simple past and delete “have”.
- - We need to move “last week” to the end of this sentence.
- - Do you mean the real figures or the current figures? Aktuell translates to “current”, actual is “Eigentlich”.
- - This is not polite; better alternative “We need these urgently, so please send them as soon as possible".
How did you do? If you are not completely happy with your results, simply contact us to find out how we can help.